Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stamp collectors dilemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyjo
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Stamp collectors dilemma Reply with quote

I received my FA Football Heroes Prestige Book this morning from the RM. It's foil packed. Now do I open it or keep it sealed, if I do I'll never know the condition or see the contents, better buy another, however if I do then my dilemma returns, do I open it or leave it closed?
I wonder what prices the opened / unopened will achieve in the future. Confused
stevevp
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your pain!

I usually order two copies of each Prestige Booklet: one to keep intact and one to split for key Machins (if any). I have just ordered a third copy of this booklet so I can keep one in the unopened foil!

Note to self. Must buy shares in Royal Mail ... Wink
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Stamp collectors dilemma Reply with quote

Glyjo wrote:
I received my FA Football Heroes Prestige Book this morning from the RM. It's foil packed. Now do I open it or keep it sealed, if I do I'll never know the condition or see the contents, better buy another, however if I do then my dilemma returns, do I open it or leave it closed?
I wonder what prices the opened / unopened will achieve in the future. Confused

I had exactly the same questions running through my head when I saw them... additionally I had to ask my self .... do I collect stamps or tin foil.

I still haven't opened one but I have the excuse that I have so many other purchases to sort at the moment I can leave these for a while.

What if your pack contains errors like an extra page - you will never know and what would be the value of that as against leaving it unopened?

Dilemmas !!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Glyjo
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Stamp Collectors Dilemma Reply with quote

Thanks Gooner, I hadn't even thought about the potential of holding a booklet error, now I have more to ponder about. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: