Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Postal Price Rises 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: UK Postal Price Rises 2013 Reply with quote

It appears that the new postal rate increases will not affect 1st and 2nd class mail for the ordinary internal letter writer at least. These are staying at 60p and 50p respectively.

From the perspective of someone who sells the occasional stamp that is good at least.

Of course there is always a BUT.

Where RM are really killing the stamp business is in the area of accessories i.e. anything that has size or weight attached to it.

Their latest increase changes the perspective from "WEIGHT" to "VOLUME". This increase will affect anyone who needs to post things like albums or album pages that are "outsize" in both size and weight. Maybe kiloware is another example.

In other words the larger the VOLUME the higher the postal price. Before this rise VOLUME itself was not quite such an issue although Pricing in Proportion (PiP) did introduce an element of that back in 2006.

For once Royal Mail do explain this quite well on their web-site so I will just point to that rather than go through the whole sordid tale myself.
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/sending-mail
Take careful note of the changes if you are sending parcels from now on, they will almost certainly cost more than they did yesterday. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: