Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympic definitives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
Machin Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Olympic definitives Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to put this one.

New Olympic/Paralympic pictorial(?) definitives in book and sheet form due early Jan 12.

See : http://norphil.blogspot.com/

They don't look too bad actually.......but no regional scottish version so will not be finding there way into my collection...lol.

Alex.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right forum section as far as I am concerned Alex - in my view these are not Machins (although they may be classed as definitives - depends on their longevity I suppose).

Is this the end of the Machin at least as far as 2012 is concerned? I doubt it as they are probably too much of a money spinner for RM, although it may signify the end of the Gold (1st) Machin, we will have to wait and see.

It will be interesting to see how Doug Myall classifies them in the Deegam Handbook.
tangles2010
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Olympic definitives only cover two service rates, so I am sure there will be Machins for things like 2nd class mail, 1st large and 2nd large. It could make for an even more interesting series of security definitives next year if 1st class Machins are released but only in some formats (e.g. business sheets)! Personally, I am relaxed because the Olympic stamps aren't Machins and therefore I can save my pennies.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what I recall reading a few weeks ago the US has decided to issue stamps honoring athletics at about the same time but without the Olympic Rings and thus avoid paying for the right to use them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: