Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

**** COMPETITION **** Is Here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: **** COMPETITION **** Is Here Reply with quote

In February I am going to have a competition with a small prize. Now I am not a rich "dealer" unlike one forum administrator most of us know so it isn't going to be a 1d black or anything like that. I know what the prize will be but I can't say as that will be part of the question.

It is all related to a stamp story that I have to tell about something that happened to me late last year.

So why am I giving advance notice? Well it is quite a long story and I have to get it together.

AND

To qualify for the prize you must have made at least 10 postings.

So there you go you have 3 to 4 weeks to get to your 10 if you are not already there. The winner will be the first person to answer the question correctly with 10 or more postings to his or her name - anywhere on the forum not necessarily in this thread.

I will send the prize post free to anywhere in the world.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - later than originally planned - but life has been busy just lately ... have you ever noticed everything that was wrong in your house immediately AFTER putting it up for sale..... anyway - I am boring you ....

The competition:

In another thread (copyright discussion) ... there is mention of an image that Getty wanted to sue me for using on the site:

Competition Question:

Where does the image originate from?

Clue 1 : It was created by Royal Mail so is British and stamp related (that's 3 clues isn't it).

Here is the image:

Don't laugh - this is all they gave me to go on and didn't even give me clue 1.

The prize is - what it really is (i.e. not what Getty thought it was).

I'll give it a few days and then (assuming anyone is interested - I will give a second clue?

Rules are as in Post 1 of the thread - as many guesses as you like. First post to get it right wins - simples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamp of the Day All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: