Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern British Philatelic Circle (MBPC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machin Web Site and Blog Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Modern British Philatelic Circle (MBPC) Reply with quote

I just want to plug a society I belong to ... the MBPC .. this "circle" is where people like Doug Myall cut his teeth in the early days of Machin collection and though they do also provide information on the "Special" stamps their coverage of all things Machin is superb.

It only costs £8 a year for UK/Europe (£12 for the Rest of the World - Airmail).

For this minimal sum you will receive a "Bookmark Journal" six times a year, posted to your door - plus access to a huge web-site of archived material and images of issues. especially in the area of booklets. The web-site is constantly updated with the new issues.

The level of detail in the Journal surpasses any other documentation I have seen at any other equivalent "club".

An example; there are 8 A4 sides packed with information on the new George V PSB in the latest issue. It explains packaging, printing, has high quality black/white images, discussion of security cuts on the Machin pane etc..etc..

Now is the ideal time to join as June is the month where subscriptions are collected so you will get a full 12 months for your £8 (£12).

In addition this year there is a special offer. Pay an extra £2 and you can receive all of Volume 39 (last years journals) on CD in colour.

I have no affiliation to the Circle except as an ordinary member and having just received Volume 39 number 6 - it is so easy justifying £8 a year for me. 50 A4 sides of riveting information.

In addition they run their own Postal Auctions every two months between the members. Purely voluntary if you want to take part either as a buyer or a seller.

If you are struggling to justify the outlay Laughing - take a look around http://mbp-circle.co.uk or contact: Keith Woodward (Acting Bookmark Editor) at keith@mbp-circle.co.uk
brandenburg5
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a longtime member, I agree with everything Dave says.

The web site is especially useful. I've recently been organizing some of my Machin booklets from the last couple of years and I use the MBPC's numbering and organization system. The web site is very accessible.

And on those rare occasions when I have nothing else urgent to do, I just click on one of the "Quick Find - Panes" links and stare at all the beautiful Machins that grace my screen.

--Larry
Genuinely Used
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern British Philatelic Circle (MBPC) Reply with quote

Gooner wrote:
I just want to plug a society I belong to ... the MBPC .. this "circle" is where people like Doug Myall cut his teeth in the early days of Machin collection and though they do also provide information on the "Special" stamps their coverage of all things Machin is superb.

You plugged it and I joined - best money I have spent for a long time - Thank You!

Ralph Wink
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Needs Volunteers? Reply with quote

I understand the MBPC is running out of "young" people and needs some help on some of the committees if anyone has the interest and time to devote to it.

I am a bit old now and my memory is not what it was, but for anyone with a serious interest in stamps especially (but not exclusively) Machins this is a good chance to increase your educational network and help out a few folks at the same time.

From my understanding you do not have to reside in the UK to volunteer your services.

PS... young in mind not in age, I am sure they will accept volunteers of any age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machin Web Site and Blog Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: