Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Deegam Profile Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyhoney
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: A Deegam Profile Question Reply with quote

I received my copy of the Deegam handbook today and thought I would try out identifying the stamp that carried the CD.

That was pretty straight forward it was an LN1 with type 1 cuts and a B1 security code. Which made it an LN 1.3.2. (I hope).

I then tried to find the corresponding profile.
I could find LN 1.3.1 and even LN 2.3.2 in the handbook and also LN 1.3.2a in Deegam Report no 85.

So my question is, is there a third place I should look for profiles such as www.deegam.com?

Many thanks
Gary[/url]
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, The profile for LN1.3.2 can be found in the Profile #81, page DGR 82-4.
That was a short Special Update in which Doug announced his "Breaking the Codes".
Then in Profile # 85 there is a profile for LN 1.3.2a, the difference being in the length (or shape) of the cuts.
Good Luck. I am sure you will have other questions as you work your way through the Handbook. Please feel free to ask and someone will try to answer the best they can.
I might add that I hope you do not neglect reading the chapters as you wade into the lists, and especially Appendix Seven which, while explaining a good procedure for identifying single stamps, will give you an overview of the rational for the previous chapters and appendii (?). By the time you read it all through you will have a great working knowedge of stamp production and the history of this ever interesting series.
garyhoney
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that. I now have access to the reports so I can go and get that particular report.

Quote:
I hope you do not neglect reading the chapters as you wade into the lists

Indeed I am reading the chapters, one a night at present. I can see though that even whilst making notes more than one reading of them will be required for the knowledge to sink in.

Again many thanks for replying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Deegam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: