Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eBay Follies - or just good salemanship?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: eBay Follies - or just good salemanship? Reply with quote

I was on eBay earlier tonight chasing down a particular lot for a friend and around the same time I noticed two items being sold that I think can only be called opportunistic by the seller and downright stupid by the bidders - but hey that's eBay for you.

I picture them here for you and though I wouldn't personally buy the first item - I suppose if you are not a member of the Philatelic Bureau it might be nice to add to a Machin collection as part of it's postal history.

However the second item is beyond belief and as I say congratulations to the seller for his presentation of it and of course the price he got.
---------------
Item number 1 - had 3 bids and realised 2.26. --------- Item number 2 - amazingly attracted 4 bids and sold for 5.50. Rolling Eyes

For those who wonder what I am talking about item 2 is the central label from a mixed pane of one of the Prestige books - I don't remember which one and I don't have time to search but I will guess at the 2003 Coronation booklet.

If you fancy one of a similar preview (as item 1) but this time for the 2008 Country definitives - well the same seller has it on sale - finishing in about 6 days time 99p start ... but I will let you find it (I shan't be bidding). I think I will spend some time finding all my past ones (that I didn't just throw away!) and list them on my site. I think I even have one somewhere that has a write-up on this forum.

**** Idea Completely off-topic but in the same vein - I have been searching eBay recently to find cheaper Ink cartridges to for my new "all-in-one HP printer" and I have seen bidders offering prices for empty cartridges that I won't pay for full ones - these are items, again, that I have tended to just throw in the (recycling) bin in the past but the next empty pair are going straight onto eBay.
Cbarnhorst
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered if I was paying too much.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Auction Finds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: