Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printing Ring 22 plain pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaviRobi
Silver Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Printing Ring 22 plain pages Reply with quote

Has anybody got any ideas, for some time I have purchased blank ring 22 pages from Dauwalders and printed successfully my own pages on an Epsom Photo 1400 printer using Epsom inks. The paper has changed and the quality of print on this new paper is very poor (though still very good on the old paper) It has been suggested that I use a different ink cartridge (at 70+ for a set!!)
So can anybody suggest an alternative source for paper or recommend a reasonably priced priced printer that will cope with the odd size of ring 22 pages.
Thanks Dave
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried speaking to Duwalders Dave, they may be sending you a different paper by mistake? At worst they may be interested in your comments to try and get the paper improved by the printer.
DaviRobi
Silver Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First port of call was Dauwalders and despite the sending of the two different printed pages showing the loss of quality the answer was that the old paper is too expensive and I should look at using different ink cartridges.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right - in other words they aren't that concerned about losing your custom. Crying or Very sad
Seems to be a sign of the times, unfortunately.
Afraid I can't help you with your original quest.
It is difficult to suggest an alternate printer unless one is actually already printing that type of paper. Hopefully, one of the other members is doing just that and will be able to help.
crazyh1
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

one option might be to take the good stock along to a local print business and see if they can source/provide something suitable. I know of other collectors who have taken this route and then bought in bulk as it will last them years. Probably cheaper than buying from a typical dealer too.

I use an A4 card when writing up, so not an issue for me per se.

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Stamps In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: