Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1p crimson colour under s/w uv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EyeIAye
Silver Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: 1p crimson colour under s/w uv Reply with quote

I'm sorting through my 1p crimsons 1971-1996 and have come across a few that I'm having difficulty in identifying. They are all used. They are without phosphor bands. The thing is, one batch shows a definite red-brown under short wave UV light and the other batch (2 pairs - if that is significant?) show as a startling orange colour. Are these simply colour variations of DG10.11.1 PPP/Dex or something else that I haven't spotted in the lists? Forgive me, but I am very new to all this and I'm fully aware that I may be asking something very obvious to all you experienced collectors. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> The GB Machin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: