Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2015 Machin Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: 2015 Machin Issues Reply with quote

At various times since September of this year virtually every Machin value including the 1st and 2nd class normal and large both on counter sheets and business sheets has been re-issued with DULL phosphor.

Prior to these re-issues the sheets dated up to September had BRIGHT phosphor.

My question is, has Deegam published an update to include these as new numbers or are they not a valid Deegam change?

I would check the reports myself but I have (temporarily hopefully) lost my logonid to the Deegam site.

I can find nothing in Norvic's blog that refers to them (but I may have not used the correct search terms of course).

Last but not least.
Does anyone have a comprehensive listing of the sheet dates the values changed from BRIGHT to DULL so I know which to look for?
tangles2010
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: Dull phosphors Reply with quote

I can't answer the query about Deegam reports, but I think I have seen a comment once or twice on Norphil in the past few weeks. So far most of the dull phosphor counter sheet stamps I've seen were printed in November, but some I think are September or October. The values I've seen to date are the 1p, 2p 5p, 1 pound and Royal Mail Signed For standard (all with November printing dates) and also the 10p and 20p (I forget which way round they go, but I think the first is September and the second October). I know that the 1st class, 1st class Large, 2nd class and 2nd class Large also appear but my date blocks of these haven't arrived yet so I can't tell you the dates yet!

Dull phosphor seems to be the norm now on business sheets and booklets as well as counter sheets, so something that affects Walsall as well as De La Rue. You could also try searching for dull phosphor on eBay as I think at least one poster here sells them!

Best wishes

Daniel
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for that - I did a search on Norphil blog but couldn't find anything on them. maybe that the search algorithm isn't great.

Ironically, the DULL phosphor are relatively easy to find in many of the post offices.. it looks as if I have missed out on a couple of the BRIGHT ones specifically the 2p and the 2nd Class normal. I maybe need to surf a couple of Post offices. I understand there is the 1.33 DULL as well.
But as I say I don't have a complete listing to compare against.
tangles2010
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of an update - I got a 1st Large date block from December 2015 and the phosphor is actually very bright. Apparently the date to look for with dull phosphor is an October 2015 date. If anybody has a spare one let me know!
Best wishes
Daniel
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Deegam listing these possible varieties, the next Deegam Report is due on April 15th. I am certain Doug will have a note about them and also if humanly possible an explanation as to their cause and provenance.
I am reminded of the discussion of PCP I - PCP II and the eventual determination that the difference is largely subjective.
Ideally he will provide some characteristics that will allow differentiation other than "Bright" and "Dull."
Geordie-Dad
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have a lot of information relating to the dull phosphors and dates, I am selling them on ebay at the moment, here is a item number of one of them 311581266569 then you can see my sales, they have dates on most of them
gbmachins
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Douglas Myall reports a 50p value with dull phosphor.

Reading Deegam Report 119 again. I notice that this may be a mistake by Douglas. (we all make them).

The DG number he quotes and the issue dates are the same as for the 5p value. IE DG50.21.05. The 50p value should read 500.21.05.

Can anyone else confirm the existence of the 50p value with dull phosphor print date 06/11/15?

http://machinmania.blogspot.com
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Doug makes amends in DGR120 Roy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> The GB Machin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: