Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sort posts descending ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phos45
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: sort posts descending ... Reply with quote

can you set sort to descending as default, so that most recent posts or replies appear first ... paging down 1 2 3 4 is tedious

thanks Very Happy
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I am reluctant to make changes for changes sake... The forum has been running since 2006 and this is the first time that I have had a request to change the order.

I actually prefer it the way it is as you don't have to page through each page .... you can go direct to the last post from the main menu and page up if you want to go backwards.....

With the oldest post at the beginning - you immediately understand what the original poster was seeking to know or tell you.
The other way round you may need to go backwards and forwards to find this out.

I am happy to put it to the vote though and make the change to whatever is the preferred option. Exclamation
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clubs like Stamporama use the reverse order, but each time I revisit, their program takes me to the post after the last one I wrote or read.
Unless there is some change in the programing of the site a reader has to scroll through past posts, not always a bad idea, but when a subject lasts and lasts for months and has many comments it can be annoying, because a long lasting thread's topic most likely has drifted through several "off-topic" rebirths as ideas are developed and one post reminds someone of something somewhat divergent from the original topic. But that is truly how conversations between friends go and develop.
College debate tournaments require debaters to strictly stay on topic. That was okay for me sixty years ago, but personally I find stilted in casual conversation..
I like things just as they are here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Forum Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: