Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy Machins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machins to Buy, Sell or Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pesavento
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Buy Machins Reply with quote

Hello people,

I am Rodrigo from Rio de Janeiro. I am an enthusiast of Machins and my goal is to have the largest and most complete collection of stamps of Brazil. I would like me to help me indicating where I could buy in a safe manner and they were sent to Brazil, as well as be able to pay with credit card or paypal.

I would advice of how best to organize the stamps in albums. In ascending order of values or the dates that have been released. What is the best catalog that I can use to sort my stamps and whether there somewhere who can assess my collection.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo - You do not say if you are looking for MINT or USED issues.

JUST A GENERAL POINT TO BUYERS EVERYWHERE.
I. like many sellers of Machins are very happy to sell them but are a little afraid of the "honesty" (hope you are not offended) of some of the postal services (or at least efficiency) in South American countries and indeed elsewhere.

With this concern many of us don't like to take PayPal as a payment system from purchasers outside our borders.

If I am 100% honest (and I hope I am), I prefer to deal with UK customers, although I do have a few (5% maybe) foreign clients.

I am one of the lucky ones (I am also very small in comparison to many sellers). I have only been stung once in nearly 10 years, but we have a saying "Once Bitten Twice Shy" (not sure if that translates very well).

There are a few countries I will only deal with in cash or cheques (drawn on a UK bank).... one is the Indian sub-continent, another is Russia, Italy is a bit dodgy I have heard (but I have a few customers there who have not had any issues). China - I don't have any customers for. There is a few more.. I have a new customer in Mexico that I am still waiting to find out if his order has arrived. Tbh - it's a stress I don't need.

You may have more luck with one of the larger companies, some of whom may even have local offices in Brazil.
phos45
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: sorting a collection ... Reply with quote

sort by value ... overtime many are withdrawn - so are placed in archive.
there are many catalogs, and online resources ...

arthur ryan in uk offers a simple dbase webpage ... prices for mint and used.
catalogs fall out of date, and are costly ... so I prefer online lookups.

you might consider Douglas Myall's Handbook ... deegam.com
pesavento
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Thank you very much for your explanations. Certainly the post office here are not reliable, it is always a drama be waiting for a letter that never comes. I've done some shopping at ebay who arrived and annually purchases at Royal Mail, always received without problems, but it is always a risk.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

Gooner wrote:
Rodrigo - You do not say if you are looking for MINT or USED issues.

JUST A GENERAL POINT TO BUYERS EVERYWHERE.
I. like many sellers of Machins are very happy to sell them but are a little afraid of the "honesty" (hope you are not offended) of some of the postal services (or at least efficiency) in South American countries and indeed elsewhere.

With this concern many of us don't like to take PayPal as a payment system from purchasers outside our borders.

If I am 100% honest (and I hope I am), I prefer to deal with UK customers, although I do have a few (5% maybe) foreign clients.

I am one of the lucky ones (I am also very small in comparison to many sellers). I have only been stung once in nearly 10 years, but we have a saying "Once Bitten Twice Shy" (not sure if that translates very well).

There are a few countries I will only deal with in cash or cheques (drawn on a UK bank).... one is the Indian sub-continent, another is Russia, Italy is a bit dodgy I have heard (but I have a few customers there who have not had any issues). China - I don't have any customers for. There is a few more.. I have a new customer in Mexico that I am still waiting to find out if his order has arrived. Tbh - it's a stress I don't need.

You may have more luck with one of the larger companies, some of whom may even have local offices in Brazil.
pesavento
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: sorting a collection ... Reply with quote

Thank you. Today my collection by this order of value. Following the adminware, seems to be very complete.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

phos45 wrote:
sort by value ... overtime many are withdrawn - so are placed in archive.
there are many catalogs, and online resources ...

arthur ryan in uk offers a simple dbase webpage ... prices for mint and used.
catalogs fall out of date, and are costly ... so I prefer online lookups.

you might consider Douglas Myall's Handbook ... deegam.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machins to Buy, Sell or Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: