Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I start with Machin's adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machins to Buy, Sell or Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alaska
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: I start with Machin's adventure Reply with quote

I'm a polish collector. More wrong I write in English. Embarassed
I start with Machin's adventure. Maybe someone has used Machins unnecessary? I can offer used stamps from Polish and from around the world. Very Happy

Does nobody want to change postage stamps? Shocked Crying or Very sad
alaska
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have 600 Machins. I have many doublets. I can change. Laughing
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Alaska, you are off to a good start.

Keep in mind that there are many minor differences between printers and issues of hat at first look like the same stamps.

Be sure to hold each stamp up to the light on an angle so you cancheck for different phosphor bands.

And watch the location of the value as the distance from the frame also helps us determine one similar stamp from another.

Powodzenia !
alaska
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdj1122 wrote:
Be sure to hold each stamp up to the light on an angle so you cancheck for different phosphor bands.

Then I itself I noticed.
http://www.adminware.ca/machin/m_tag.htm
cdj1122 wrote:
And watch the location of the value as the distance from the frame also helps us determine one similar stamp from another.

That there is the location of the value as the distance from a lower frame, whether from left?
http://www.adminware.ca/machin/md002.htm
cdj1122 wrote:
Keep in mind that there are many minor differences between printers and issues of hat at first look like the same stamps.

It I do not understand.
Bardzo dziękuję! Thank you very much!
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i]" .... Keep in mind that there are many minor differences between printers and issues of hat at first look like the same stamps. ,,,,"[/i']

I do not understand.

Don't worry it takes time to learn all the interesting things about the different Machins.

The Adminware site is a very good one to get you started and shows things by example.At first just sort by color and value.
Then as you lear something go back to that color value and see if you have different stamps that are the same color and value.

EXAMPLE:

The number "2" on the green 2p stamp was made in both a fat and skinny type. Several other color values also were made with different types of number, the 10p and the 26p for instance.

Some stamps have two side bands. some have a center band and some have a single left or right band, thus several differences you might not notice at first.

But as you progress you will begin to find such things.

Good luck.
alaska
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly I begin to understand, but I do not understand this:
cdj1122 wrote:
and issues of hat at first look like the same stamps.

Is the "hat" in this case is = crown? Embarassed Crying or Very sad
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i]" .... Keep in mind that there are many minor differences between printers and issues of hat at first look like the same stamps. ,,,,"[/i']

I'm sorry, That is my typo (Error) I must have lost some letters.
"....Keep in mind that there are many minor differences between printers and issues of, what at first, looks like the same stamp. "

You will discover that the 1p, for instance, actually can be subdivided into about 20 different identifiable major variety stamps. But learning all that does take some time.
alaska
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over 1000 Machins. Much of doublets, I would like to change, but I don't have where to arrange of varieties. Can someone please advise me how to make cards album varieties? I'm very, very grateful. Wink Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machins to Buy, Sell or Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: