Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Topic Notification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevevp
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: New Topic Notification Reply with quote

Hello,

Whilst it is possible to watch a topic for replies, it does not seem possible to watch a whole sub-forum eg "The GB Machin" for new topics. I'd certainly find it useful to have an email notification whenever something new has been added. Is there any chance this functionality could be added? I know it is possible with IP Board but perhaps not with phpBB.

Kind regards, Steve
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure Steve to be honest - I am positive that a procedure could be written to include this into the forum but I certainly don't have the skills to do that.

However, what you can do is open up the forum at the top level (Machin Forum Forum Index) and you will see a header on the right hand side - "View posts since last visit"
( http://stamp-collector.co.uk/MachinForum/search.php?search_id=newposts ).

This will show you all messages (whether you follow them or not) created since you last visited (funnily enough).

On a huge forum this may be an issue but we don't get hundreds of posts a day (or even a week) so should be easy enough to keep up with either by logging in daily or even weekly.
You do need to be logged in to see the list.

This is how I find (and delete) idiots like "mayfie" joining to advertise his kitchen sale!!!
stevevp
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooner wrote:

However, what you can do is open up the forum at the top level (Machin Forum Forum Index) and you will see a header on the right hand side - "View posts since last visit"
( http://stamp-collector.co.uk/MachinForum/search.php?search_id=newposts ).

Belated thanks for that Dave. I'd missed the new post link and will now use it as my shortcut. I also missed the kitchen sale. Anything worth having? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Forum Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: