Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deegam on iPad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parkranger
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Deegam on iPad Reply with quote

I gave up my computer a few years ago and am know one of those apple addicts . The iPad does for me everything the computer used to and much more ..... Except know that deegam is not printed I'm kinda stuck. Anybody think it will ever be a app or am I living in a fantasy world ?
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly there was some discussion about things like that but the upshot was that there would be no way to control piracyand protect Doug's Intellectual Property Rights.
Glyjo
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Deegam on the Ipad Reply with quote

Deegam report 97 had a piece on thhis subject and the use of GoodReader under the heading Deegam CD on tablets. Never tried it myself however.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gad someone remembered where the discussion about using that handbook on "ipad" was.
I hadn't paid much attention to it since I neither have, nor want to hav, any of those gadgets.
My lack of sensation in the fingertips makes using my daughter's laptop a lesson in controlled aggravation, but for what it is worth here is what was in DR-97.
Quote:
The Deegam CD on tablets
Dr. Geoffrey Eibl-Kaye FRPSL has spent considerable effort in getting the CD bookmarks and links to work correctly on an Apple iPad. This involved using a programme called GoodReader. (Google it for more information.) I’m not suggest-ing that you buy this expensive piece of hardware just to read the Handbook away from your desk but if you already have one this is the best way to go. The CD files available from the date of this Report will have been adapted as necessary. Nobody else responded to my request in the last DGR so there is nothing for Windows players — yet. The next OS, Windows 8, is planned for release some time next year and is designed to work on tablets as well as desktops. This feature has already prompted several firms to decide to build tablets for Windows and these will appear around the same time. Part of this good news is that there will be competition and prices are lilkely to be considerably lower than Apple’s.

I think the discussion about Intellectual Property Rights was further back.
Parkranger
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to answer . I guess it's not going to happen in the short term if ever
brandenburg5
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Douglas Myall told me a few weeks ago that an iPad version was being actively worked on. I don't know if the status has changed since then, but it's at least a possibility.

--Larry
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And technology marches on.
What was only a dream last year becomes today's reality.
The wonders of today's internets and computers becomes the "Dick Tracy Wrist Radio" of yesteryear.
brandenburg5
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a note from Douglas Myall saying there would be an announcement in the next Deegam report, due in early November.

--Larry
Parkranger
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds promising!
Parkranger
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more news on this subject yet ?
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deegam Report no 100 reports that the "I-Deegam" appears to be working well on iPad ...... quote:

" iDeegam.zip was distributed to beta volunteers in good time. It has been tested on iPad2 and iPad3
under iOS5 and iOS6. One tester’s view was “It is wonderful and a joy to use............ "

I suggest as it is now "live" that you contact Doug at his email address and ask for more information. If you are already a Deegam subscriber - you will of course know this by now.
by e-mail: deegam at btopenworld.com (replace at and spaces with @)

As my employer supplies both my computing and telephonic devices I have no need of the iPad just yet and therefore am unable to give you my views.
Parkranger
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info and update. I'm not a subscriber as I don't currently own a computer. So I may try contacting him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Deegam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: