Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Print Shift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deutscherjohn
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Security Print Shift Reply with quote

A very good evening to One & All, today has been exceptionally good to me. I settled down to sort some Machin security issue kiloware & not only did I find some 2009 & 2010 MRILs (but not the rare 2010 2nd class still going for around 60 on Ebay) I found a used M11L MSIL with the security printing shifted up by about 1mm showing very clearly in the top white border & under a magnifier the bottom shows the overprint to begin just under the security slits.

I wonder, given that this is from a book of 6, if all 6 would have been affected or just a vertical pair. Could this be a common error or have I struck gold (pardon the pun intended).

I will attempt to photograph the specimen tomorrow & post it here. I did try by capturing with my microscope & posting but I lost all the text & had to retype all this LOL.
tangles2010
Diamond Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been overprint shifts on security stamps since 2009, all (as far as I know) from booklets. They include shifts upwards and downwards, as well as from left or right. I can recall at least one on one of the Olympic booklets and I think there is even one in the 2012 12x2nd class booklet. They're nice items; in dealers' price lists a whole booklet can sell for anywhere between 17 and 25 pounds. So sadly you haven't got a Tyrian Plum, but you do have a nice variety!
Cheers
Daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Auction Finds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: