Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone use any auction site other than eBay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone use any auction site other than eBay? Reply with quote

I have tried to sell on eBid in the past with little success and I have bought the odd item on Delcampe and StampWants.

Anyone have better results?
Cbarnhorst
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good luck buying on DelCampe for my Turkish collection. I have had good luck buying on both eBay and StampWants for my other general country collections. But for anything specialized none of them are more than occaisionally useful for me. When I am in the hunt for something I check all three of the sites plus some dealers. Sometimes I just have to wait for a traditional auction or a major show and try there.
sdelcampe
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It is good to read you had good experience on our site Delcampe.net. Two years later, are you still enjoying the site ? If yes, great ! Very Happy ... If not, why ? Wink

Thank you, Seb Delcampe
machinmike
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Machins, but I collect Postal Stationery as well and have had some REAL bargains in the last two months on Delcampe.

Delcampe does actually have several advantages over ebay, the displaying of images is MUCH better, and the whole structure seems less sloppy. However, filtering out the items you're not interested in is definitely not as easy as it is with ebay.

Foreign transactions are not as straightforward, because the overseas vendors do not seem to like PayPal very much.
sdelcampe
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machinmike wrote:
Not Machins, but I collect Postal Stationery as well and have had some REAL bargains in the last two months on Delcampe.

Delcampe does actually have several advantages over ebay, the displaying of images is MUCH better, and the whole structure seems less sloppy. However, filtering out the items you're not interested in is definitely not as easy as it is with ebay.

Foreign transactions are not as straightforward, because the overseas vendors do not seem to like PayPal very much.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply. Smile

What would help you to filter better the results on our site ?

Regarding PayPal, 68.6% of our items may be paid by PayPal, but not all of them indeed. You can easily check if an item may be paid through PayPal by looking the top right corner of the item box when browsing the listings. You can also filter the lists so you only see items payable through PayPal Wink

Sebastien
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" .... I have tried to sell on eBid in the past with little success and I have bought the odd item on Delcampe and StampWants. ... "

There is an active and apparently successful auction running on Stamporama, open to members and carefully monitored to prevent or eliminate any hi-jinks.
http://www.stamporama.com/auction/auction_main.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Auction Finds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: