Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All New Users require Activation to be agreed by the Admin

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Roll Call
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: All New Users require Activation to be agreed by the Admin Reply with quote

Apologies but as from today 19th August 2007 - all new registrants will need to be activated by the Administrator before they can post.

I apologise for this to all new genuine registrants, but I hope you will see this is for the benefit of the forum in the long term as we are being continually hit by trolls who are posting P O R N and other types of non- stamp related messages.

Please be patient - I will endeavour to ensure that genuine registrants are activated within 24 hours of joining.

If for any reason you do not receive an activation within this time-frame please email me at the address in my signature.

It would help greatly if you could supply the maximum information requested by the registration form as this allows me to be sure that I am only activating genuine joiners.

Lastly - it helps all concerned if you enter a couple of lines about yourself in the "Hello and Welcome" thread in the Roll Call forum - if you haven't already done so go to add yourself.

UPDATE: 11/12/2008
To ensure I am not activating spammers by accident, it is important that you supply your collecting interests in the field labelled "Interests" as a minimum

Last edited by Gooner on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Roll Call All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: