Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for 5p and 26p Machins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machins to Buy, Sell or Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john gerbes
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: looking for 5p and 26p Machins Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a 26p(Aug4/87)and a 5p(Jan7/10 new font)can anyne help me with those? I don't mind if they are mint or used.
Regards
John Gerbes
Australia Rolling Eyes
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5p with the Garamond font is only available from two Prestige books John so you will be very lucky to find them used.

I can certainly provide both mint - but posting to Australia might be more costly than their worth based on recent customer mailings I have done.

Might be better looking locally.
john gerbes
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: looking for 5p and 26p Machins Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply. I have looked locally on eBay and all other sites I normally check but to no affail Sad . Can you give me a ball park figure for the stamps and postage to Australia? I would really like to get this as I have this blank hole I would dearly like to fill. Rolling Eyes If you can give me a price I might need some more to make it worth my while.
Regards John
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - I have sent you a mail - off board to give you the information you require.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst searching for a used copy of the 26p Type II for John - I found this little gem. Can't remember where I obtained it but I doubt there are many around in this condition.

There is one thing that spoils it - that is the postage date looks like '96 or '98 to me so it is well outside the active postal usage date. Still postally used it is.

Beautiful CDS. If only every stamp were treated the same way at the post office.
john gerbes
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for that and as of today I have the stamps that I needed plus a couple more. I'll look forward to seeing the postie in a couple of weeks so I can complete my sets. Thanks again Dave, I'll visit your shop more often now that I have an account with you.
Regards John Very Happy
Steveuk63
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for 5p and 26p Machins Reply with quote

john gerbes wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a 26p(Aug4/87)and a 5p(Jan7/10 new font)can anyne help me with those? I don't mind if they are mint or used.
Regards
John Gerbes
Australia Rolling Eyes

ive got these up for sale if intrested, cheap starting bid at 99p as i dont know the values..

3 types of 5p stamps, 3 shades.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270794853588&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Steve[/url]
john gerbes
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: looking for 5p and 26p Machins Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Thank you for that offer but as from the 19th of May I was lucky enough to pick these up from Dave and they slotted into the empty spaces really well.
Regards John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Machins to Buy, Sell or Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: