Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single MINT Machins HORIZON Type-II Str.edge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Single MINT Machins HORIZON Type-II Str.edge Reply with quote

Only two hours to go to bid on this gem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GB-QEII-Single-MINT-Machins-HORIZON-Type-II-Str-edge-/150569499584?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230ea43bc0
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what it ended with no bids .... when these first came out in the UK they sold massively so I am not surprised. However, apparently, anyone can go down to their local post office and get them for free.

Currently on eBay.uk there is a strip of 4 blank sheets which purport to be erroneously printed labels of the above genre ...... well it could just be a sheet of A4 cut down from all I can tell - and I assume if you peel the labels off the blank paper is what you get left with. If I can find it again I will show an image.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch and see if he re-lists
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the auction I was talking about above, but the unused gold labels are still selling this side of the ocean. Intermittently... I guess it depends who is on at the time - one sold yesterday for 4+, yet on Saturday a dozen or more have finished with no bids (on pairs as well) starting at 69p.

There are active bids on a couple in the 3 and 2 range so they do sell sometimes. I suppose if you have no access to a UK post office then you might want to buy these.

They come in (at least) two different flavours as well - the perforated kind (now discontinued) and the newer straight cut. It is as valid a collecting sphere as any other type of label (as our mantra dictates), but I would urge anyone who wants one to go to their local PO (where possible) and pick one up.

Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about these than I would care to comment.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the blank piece of paper - the reason the search failed originally was because he can't spell "labels".
So here is the auction:

I was going to leave it at that and then I read the description and there were three things that bothered me (the images only show two).

The sellers id ... "electronics-and-stamps" - does that signify he makes his own (sorry - couldn't resist that one)?
The words ... "don't copy this image" .... why is he bothered about copying a blank sheet of paper?.
Finally - "no refunds or returns". This is becoming a more widespread scare tactic these days ... except in certain circumstances (e.g. software) there is no such thing even on eBay and especially if you pay by PayPal.

The words ... "rare", "original", "limited amount" also bother me but hey its marketing I suppose.

Anyway - as I said before this could be a blank sheet of paper as far as I can see. So bid away for the next 11 hours or so for your peace (sic) of Machin history.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he has a bet with someone that if he hypes a blank sheet of paper enough someone will be silly enough to bid on it.
Then on bidder might cause another to toss in a competitive bid and its off to the races, Sally.
Reminds me of a practical joke we tried in New York City which seldom worked as well as we planned it.
The idea was to stop at some corner and look up at one of the tall buildings, be joined by a conspirator and see if a group can be created. Then slip down the street to see how long people would join, stare at nothing and evntually leave.
Meanwhile here is a tete beche pair of these gold labels.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-Machin-HORIZON-GOLD-LABELS-Type1-serrated-MINT_W0QQitemZ400198467741QQcategoryZ70090QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D150569499584%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7405763641491892795
Derek Burch
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that the blank sheet of paper sold for enough to allow the seller to buy a dictionary or spellcheck for his computer.

The spelling is like some of the offers that come though on my email. You all get them, too.

Derek
Steveuk63
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooner wrote:
Found the blank piece of paper - the reason the search failed originally was because he can't spell "labels".
So here is the auction:

I was going to leave it at that and then I read the description and there were three things that bothered me (the images only show two).

The sellers id ... "electronics-and-stamps" - does that signify he makes his own (sorry - couldn't resist that one)?
The words ... "don't copy this image" .... why is he bothered about copying a blank sheet of paper?.
Finally - "no refunds or returns". This is becoming a more widespread scare tactic these days ... except in certain circumstances (e.g. software) there is no such thing even on eBay and especially if you pay by PayPal.

The words ... "rare", "original", "limited amount" also bother me but hey its marketing I suppose.

Anyway - as I said before this could be a blank sheet of paper as far as I can see. So bid away for the next 11 hours or so for your peace (sic) of Machin history.

Hi.
Ok firstly
Let me tell you that the White Labels are Originals, see here.

Look at the white label, slightly peeled upwards to show they are originals, HOW DO I KNOW... Coz im the Seller. They are not peaces of so called paper that you think they are, and im not there to ripp people off on fake crap, all Labels are ORIGINALS.

Secondly.
I only ask people not to take my photo,coz many people do and cant be A$$ed to make there own images.

Thirdly. These are collectible, as not many people can get hold of these, POST offices are not ment to hand these out blanks, but i got mine from buying from people on the internet (NOT SAYING WHERE) , damm hard to get hold of,and to to find.
Unless your good buddies with a post office staff who's willing to hand out stuff like these labels, when they not ment to, then good luck.

Fourthly. Im now selling all 3 labels, the old White ones, and Type 1 & Type 2 of the Gold Machins, for 4:99 which i think is a good deal, as ive seen people bid up to 3-4 just for 1 Gold Label.

I also time to time sell ORIGINAL USED Printed ones when avalible, i just sold 4 white Machins on Ebay to Guys in Sweden, and Australia, A while back i had many White Used Labels, about 50+ but sold them all to people on Ebay..

Anyway, anyone wanting to buy these labels from me will have no Doubt in my sales, these are all original labels

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270794816890&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I MUST BE HONEST i know nothink about stamps or Labels, ect, i just buy and resell, for all i know i could have some stamps worth money, but cant tell coz i know nothing about stamps, i just uy and resell to make some spare cash to help with my Bills,and feed my kids.

Regards Steve.
electronics-and-stamps.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/electronics-and-stamps
Steveuk63
Gold Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooner wrote:
I can't find the auction I was talking about above, but the unused gold labels are still selling this side of the ocean. Intermittently... I guess it depends who is on at the time - one sold yesterday for 4+, yet on Saturday a dozen or more have finished with no bids (on pairs as well) starting at 69p.

There are active bids on a couple in the 3 and 2 range so they do sell sometimes. I suppose if you have no access to a UK post office then you might want to buy these.

They come in (at least) two different flavours as well - the perforated kind (now discontinued) and the newer straight cut. It is as valid a collecting sphere as any other type of label (as our mantra dictates), but I would urge anyone who wants one to go to their local PO (where possible) and pick one up.

Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about these than I would care to comment.

POST OFFICES wont give them out, well i say that, but they are not ment to, i brought a few packets from other people (i cant say how much i paid for them,but it was kinda Expensive) ,were they got them from i have no idear, unless they them selfs work a the post office and just take a few packs now and then..

I have 3 types now Old white, Horizon Blanks (looks like a plain sticker / label, but it has the cut marks on the sides, plus i have the Gold Horizon type 1 and Type 2..

Available on my ebay listings. see on my other reply thread.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Auction Finds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: